Click the graphic for full screen. Commentary after the fold.
Some talking points:
- 20% of New Yorkers approve of the legislature, but 98% of incumbents win re-election.
- Collective bargaining's effect on the nature of government.
- Big government upends prosperity because the extra cash inspires legislation until it eats the hand that feeds them.
- The mistaken idea that with only enough money we will solve the war on poverty. Even jobs programs that do not work can not be stopped.
- Community block grants spent $130B. It is difficult to prove any benefits.
- Reform becomes almost impossible after 50% of the populace receives government hand-outs. Do taxes count?
- Articulate reformist leaders are vital.
- Crony capitalism is also bankrupting governments.
- Our banking system is broken even beyond their unholy marriage with government.